Why reading and writing is the road to happiness...


This blog started years ago as a place to muse on the life projects keeping me entertained. It is no surprise then that it has morphed into a blog about my reading as that has been my lifelong project. Here I review lots of different types of books, with an added focus on Australian women writers. Hope you enjoy - feel free to contribute to the conversation!

Wednesday 4 April 2012

Baking - Annabel Crabb's Roasted Strawberry and Ginger Cheesecake

I watched Annabel Crabb's fantastic show 'Kitchen Cabinet' on ABC2 while it ran - only a few episodes so hoping there will be another series. In it Annabel interviews politicians in their homes while they cook, and discuss how they got into politics. The cakes that Annabel made for each episode looked delicious! So I decided to try my hand at her Roasted Strawberry and Ginger Cheesecake. You can get the recipe at http://www.abc.net.au/tv/kitchencabinet/recipes/

The strawberries are roasted in maple syrup, and ginger nut biscuits are crumbled to make the base. I hammered mine in a tea towel out on the lawn - those ginger nuts can break your teeth, man. I wasn't going to risk breaking my food processor on them.

Anyway, as Annabel promised, what a sensational cheese cake and my guests were very impressed! But...we all felt a bit sick after having a big piece. That's the peril of cheesecake I guess. V. rich
Week 1 -  baked cheesecake accomplished!



No comments:

Post a Comment