Why reading and writing is the road to happiness...


This blog started years ago as a place to muse on the life projects keeping me entertained. It is no surprise then that it has morphed into a blog about my reading as that has been my lifelong project. Here I review lots of different types of books, with an added focus on Australian women writers. Hope you enjoy - feel free to contribute to the conversation!

Saturday 7 April 2012

Barbie branches out...

Two thought provoking news stories on Barbie this week. One is that Mattel have released a 'I Want To Be The President' Barbie: apparently they have entered a Barbie in the US election several times over the years. Surely she got more votes than Sarah Palin as I'd hazard a guess that even Barbie would know where Russia was in relation to America. Second news story was that they also released a Barbie with a wig for children going through chemo. Nice idea - have no problem with that. But for some reason I immediately thought of Shane Warne. Why? No idea, it must have been the reference to fake hair. And a Shane Warne Barbie sprang into my mind.

He's pretty Ken like these days huh? Especially the sheen of his skin.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/weird/barbie-running-for-us-president-role-again/story-e6frev20-1226320415512

No comments:

Post a Comment